IT asset management system manages a large proportion of the total assets footprint of the company. The asset management holds the critical role in helping IT team to ensure the organization resources use in effective and efficient ways to support the needs of business functions and users requirements.
What is its asset management system?
The IT asset management system is a comprehensive business a practice that incorporates the business units across to the IT assets within the organization. The IT asset management system includes the inventory, contractual, financial and the risk management to manage the overall organization of these assets includes make strategic decisions making and tactical. The asset management system includes all elements both hardware and software that find in the business environment.
The Importance of IT asset management system
The IT asset management system also known as IT Inventory management because this unusually involves software and hardware inventory management that common to use to make decisions how the assets will be used and purchasing the assets. While having accurate of IT asset management system will help the companies for using the assets more effectively and prevent purchase the unnecessary assets and re-use the existing assets. The IT asset management system also enables the business to lower the risks for the cost of unknowingly infrastructure foundations. The key goals from It asset management systems are:
1. Enforce the compliance by corporate the security policies and the regulatory
2. Increase business productivity by deploys technology to support business needs and users.
3. Reduce the support and license cost by eliminating or reallocate the underutilized or resources and license.
4. Manage the It environment to limit the factory overhead cost.
Type of IT asset management system
In general, the asset management system is a wide term and it can be meant with a lot of things. Here are the common types of an asset management system that presents its asset management system.
• IT asset management.
• Digital asset management.
• Software asset management and license management.
The benefit of IT asset management
• Business continuity. IT asset and data configuration can help identify the impacted on business with the events and make decisions to restore services when disaster and outage comes.
• Compliance in subscription and license. Tracking software license and cloud subscriptions are the biggest challenges for the company that not use the resources that not paying or resources that they are no need. The non-compliance is a legal and financial risk for the business and can potentially cost problem.
• Informed purchase and deployment decisions. This is the key benefit of IT asset management system as you will understand the assets you buy and what the assets will be used for.
• Total Cost Ownership (TCO). TCO is the overall cost measurement from owning and the asset operating. By managing the TCO effectively, it can eliminate the cost from assets duplication or not use the asset after it purchased.
• Standardization. Apply standard to IT assets will make more productivity on IT staffs; it also increases the users to be more productive interacting with the data and systems that they become familiar.